Beyonce admits her 8-month marriage to Jay-Z is a "power struggle.

"But if I didn't respect someone, and they didn't have that strength, then I would be bored," she says in the January issue of Elle.

"I wouldn't be attracted to them," she adds.

And don't expect the 27-year-old to have kids any time soon.

"I'm terrified of having a child. No way!" she says. "I'm terrified of delivering a child because I saw my nephew being born. That traumatized me."

Little sis Solange Knowles welcomed Daniel in 2004.

Plus, "I'm only 27," Beyonce adds. "I've got time."

For now, she's focusing on her career. Her album, I Am...Sasha Fierce was released Nov. 18, and her flick, Cadillac Records, hits theaters Friday.

Playing tough talking jazz singer Etta James in the drama was a departure from her usual, sweet self, she says.

"My mom had to leave the set. I don't normally curse. Maybe twice a year," she says. "I have to be really livid. Somebody saying things or scheduling something where I'm not in control."

Using all the profanity "was freeing, but it was also the most emotionally draining time of my life. Every day I would come home; my eyes would be completely swollen," she says.

Beyonce's mom, Tina Knowles, also opened up about slapping her daughter for acting like a diva during a promotional appearance.

"My husband came up and said, 'Tina! She's got the No. 1 record on the radio!' I said, 'I dont care!'" Tina says. "I was terrified. I had seen people take your child and turn them into something you didnt want them to be.

"I taught my girls to pick up their own suitcases," she adds. "Pretty is as pretty does. Like my mother said, 'You got to be cute on the inside.'"

Bookmark and Share
0 comments