17 Years of Stalking Abdul

Posted by Wayne | Wednesday, December 10, 2008


Stalking Paula Abdul for 17 years wasn't easy. Nor for Abdul.

After 17 years, Abdul’s obsessed fan-cum-stalker died outside the star’s Sherman Oaks home.

The American Idol judge told the women of The View that Paula Goodspeed’s suspected drug overdose ended the many years of the fan’s fearful obsession that started innocently with her fan club and led to the woman’s Idol audition and more.

"She has been a stalker/fan for about 17 years now. It wasn't until American Idol that she ever knew how she could get to me. Prior to that it was all through a fan club, because of American Idol, I've been an open target to be followed home. So the last five years have been a little tough for me."

She later confirmed to People magazine that she is too traumatized to sleep in her own home, which she plans to sell.

"I've been staying in different homes and hotels, and I have security with me," she told the magazine.

Bookmark and Share
0 comments