So it goes!

Posted by Wayne | Sunday, November 23, 2008

One of my friends wrote this article and I decided to post it here since it really did touch my heart and somehow enlightened me reading it. This article is all about the reality in working abroad. Actually, he is working abroad most of his life. Here it is:

So it Goes!
by: pao

There seems to be a common denominator for all the cultures of the world. No matter how you have been good in doing your work, just make one mistake, and all the good work you have done will be trashed away.

People tend to magnify mistakes and error, and if you are a foreigner, expect the locals to multiply it tenfold. Knowing this, it adds to the pressure of being as tagged as the “Bagong Bayani” of the Philippines. You have to very cautious of your every move. For you know, you are only secured with your work as long as you perform correctly. Well, can’t blame the Employers, that’s the very main reason why they have hired foreigners, it is easier to manage, just like a toilet paper, once it served its purpose, just flush it down with all your shit. They just can’t do that with their fellowmen, or their courting lawsuits.

This thing reinforces my idea of loyalty, that is to my stomach. I have already developed the radar of knowing a sinking ship, and the ability to jump to a better ship once there is an opportunity. For me, they have already served their purpose ^_^.

How I wish I could apply the same principle to my personal life. But no matter how I try! I always fail. Somehow I realized that yes! I will fail, for work and one’s personal self operates on different level.

For work, you know there are no strings attached, its just work, a means to get money to spend to live. There will be a good Employer but it do helps that you know that they are hiring you because of your services, and once that services is not needed anymore, then you are a goner. Simple as that. Easy to accept.

Personal relationship does not operate that way. Whether it started with a firm ground rules, you are just not so sure how would it turn out. And then life goes on!

Bookmark and Share
0 comments